Honesdale, This is a great year for prizes—we have 12-inches of them on our tickets!” laughed Bonnie Taylor, chair of the Raffle Committee for the 2017 Honesdale Roots & Rhythm Music & Arts Festival. Taylor helped garner some new prizes for this year, including two tickets to the Dweezil Zappa show in August at the Kirby Center, courtesy of the Wilkes Barre event venue.
“We also have two cash prizes-- $500 and $250—plus once again, a lovely five-day, four-night stay at Alice’s cabin in Buxton, Maine,” continued Taylor. “It’s a cabin on a lake in a private setting, courtesy of Hunt Signs.”
Here’s a rundown of all the prizes donated by local businesses and individuals:
· Five days, four nights at Alice’s Cabin in Buxton Maine
· Two cash prizes -- $500 and $250
· Hand-painted guitar by artist Paul Venditti
· Engraved 2017 Roots & Rhythm sterling silver bar necklace from Jerry Land Jewelers
· $100 gift certificate from Music & Video Express
· Two season Flex Tickets to the Wildflower Music Festival at Dorflinger-Suydam Sanctuary
· Two pairs of day tickets to the Briggs Farm Blues Festival July 7th or 8th
· Two tickets to Dweezil Zappa Show, August 3rd at the FM Kirby Center
· 4 GDS Fair Tickets including grandstand admission
· Customized growler & gift certificate from Irving Cliff Brewery
· $20 gift certificate for Ghiggeri’s fine Olive Oils and Balsamics
Ticket sales help fund Roots & Rhythm, which is free to the public. Tickets are $5 for one or six for $25. They can be purchased at various local businesses, including Jennz Café, Ghiggeri's Fine Olive Oils & Balsamics, Apple Day Spa & Hair Restoration Salon, Trackside Restaurant, and R3 Hardware.
The drawing takes place during the festival on June 17th, usually about 7pm, according to Taylor. “Winners need not be present to win,” she added, “Good luck!”
Learn more about the festival at www.honesdalerootsandrhythm.com
Photo: Hand-painted guitar by artist Paul Venditti, a raffle prize for Honesdale Roots & Rhythm 2017.